Celebrate World Car Free Day and Support Collingwood Businesses
Join us in celebrating Collingwood’s first World Car Free day event by leaving the car at home and heading downtown on Wednesday September 22nd.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Plan a Car Free visit to any business Downtown or on First Street anytime on September 22nd. Visit a favourite business, go out for breakfast, lunch or dinner, pick up some take out, run an errand.
- Look for the promotions “Carbon Credits” that some businesses will be offering for anyone who arrives car free. Ask when you go in if they are offering a Carbon Credit. We will be posting the list of businesses who are involved.
- Get together with a group of colleagues or friends, ride, walk or roll to your favourite business. See how long it takes you. Pick up a copy of the New Map showing walking and biking distances to downtown. We will be handing them out on Hurontario.
- Park your bike in one of the bike parking areas set up for the day.
- Join us in the parking lot beside Town Hall at 6pm for the unveiling of the Map “Downtown is closer than you think” a discussion of the Carbon Footprint Challenge and a ride down The Maple bike priority street. Bring a friend, your favourite bike and see what others are riding. (Ontario Step 3 COVID-19 guidelines to be followed).
We need volunteers to help. We have made it simple for you to sign up to volunteer.
Click here to volunteer https://signup.com/
Take a look at the times and activities where we need volunteers
Even an hour of time from you would make a difference
in how we engage Collingwood to experience transportation in a new way.