Invest in a Healthy Planet
When: June 24th 7pm-8:30pm Community Gathering
Register: click here
Local CCI student Emma May Beckett www.emmamaybeckett.com/ will get us started and inspire us with her musical talent.
We will have a panel presentation followed by a moderated Q&A and aim to leave you inspired to take action for the climate with your investments !
Our panelists are:
- Adam Scott from SHIFT shiftaction.ca/ will enlighten us on how pensions influence, and can be leveraged to address, the climate crisis;
- Sue-May Talbot from Genus Capital https://genuscap.com/ will share how you can build a better future and make an impact with your private investments;
- Erik Ohrling from the National Social Value Fund https://nsvf.ca/ will give us a perspective on the importance of social and environmental finance to future generations; and
- Chris Caners from SolarShare solarbonds.ca/about/about-us will provide a made in Ontario example of investing for an impact on the climate.
Make It Car Free Community Gathering
When: September 16, 2021 7pm -8:30pm
Car Free Day is Thursday September 22. Join us to help make Collingwood downtown look different for at least one day.
A Car-Free Day encourages motorists to give up their cars for a day. Organized events are held in some cities and countries. September 22 is World Car Free Day. According to The Washington Post, the event promotes improvement of mass transit, cycling and walking, and the development of communities where jobs are closer to home and where shopping is within walking distance. Studies showed that for short trips in cities, one can reach more quickly using a bicycle rather than using a car.
The events, which vary by location, give motorists and commuters an idea of their locality with fewer cars
World Car Free Day – Collingwood: September 22 2021
Taking place on Tuesday 22nd September, World Car Free Day is an annual celebration of cities and public life, free from the noise, stress and pollution of cars. This is a fantastic chance to discuss the importance of exercise with your children as well as the impact of cars on the environment.
Why do we celebrate World Car Free Day?
Motor vehicles emit carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, which are major causes of global warming. World Carfree Day is celebrated to help the environment and bring awareness to what we can all do to help. This wonderful event encourages everyone to give up their cars for a day and consider alternative ways of travelling, for example walking and cycling to school/work more often.
Benefits of using cars less and cycling/walking more often:
- Helps the environment.
- Reduces air pollution.
- Quieter towns and cities.
- Helps you stay healthy and get some exercise.
- Cycling develops balance and coordination skills.
More information to follow on how you can participate.
Energy Community Gathering
When: November 25th 7pm-8:30pm
Details to follow in October